Going shopping? Here is what you should do first.
1. Get Pre-Approved at HUECU
Getting pre-approved is easy using our simple online application. You don’t even need to know what type of car you’ll be buying. The application takes about 5 minutes and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day to let you know how much you are pre-approved to spend.
HUECU Auto Loans
Features & Benefits
- Same Low Rates on New or Used Vehicles
- No Application Fees or Prepayment Penalties
- 110% Financing2
- Quick and Easy Process
- Flexible Terms up to 72 Months3
- Remote Loan Closings
- Option to defer payments for 60 days4
Exceptional Member Discounts
- Auto-Pay Discount: ¼% off for Automatic Payment from an HUECU Crimson or Smart Rewards Checking Account
- Green Discount: ¼% off a hybrid or electric (all-electric or battery-electric) new or used vehicle.1
2. Do your homework.
Before you step into your first dealership, thoroughly research the vehicles you’re interested in so you are familiar with options and prices. It’s also a good idea to brush up on your negotiating skills and educate yourself on the key “dos and don’ts” of buying a car.
3. Buy a Car!
Once you’ve found the car you want and negotiated a price, complete these simple steps:
- Have the dealership fax or email the purchase agreement and application for title to the Credit Union.
- Notify your insurance company of your new purchase so they can prepare a new binder.
- Check your email for a link to remotely sign your loan note. (If you prefer, you can come to an HUECU branch to sign the note in person).
- Once the note is signed, you can pick up the check at any HUECU branch or we can overnight the check directly to you.
If you have questions about purchasing your car through private sale, insurance requirements, or lienholder information, please contact the Credit Union.
1. The Green Auto Loan discount is only available to members that purchase a hybrid or electric (all-electric or battery-electric) vehicle.
2. Certain credit restrictions apply. 110% financing on auto loans is subject to credit review and a down payment could be required.
3. Loan Example: $20,000 at 3.74% APR and 48 months. Monthly payment is $449 with total finance charges of $1,564 and total repayment of $21,564.
4. No Payment for 60 Days – Qualifying members may select to defer their first payment for 60 days from the loan funding date. Interest will accrue during deferral period and this offer is subject to credit union approval. This is optional, you may start paying your loan off right away. This option is only for automobiles.
Subject to credit approval. HUECU offers lease buyouts for cars titled in Massachusetts only. We do not buy out 3rd party leases. We do not finance the purchase of vehicles registered in the following states: AZ, FL, KS, KY, MD, MI, MN, MT, NE, NM, NY, OK, SD, TN, WI and WY. We are only able to offer financing for vehicles being purchased through a private party when the vehicle is registered in the following states: MA, ME, NH, RI and VT.