Financial assistance to cover costs associated with your bar exam.
We understand that costs associated with preparing for and taking the Bar Exam can be extensive. Fortunately, the credit union can provide you with the financial support you need.
The program is designed to assist students in their final year of study, or recent graduates of Harvard Law School. U.S. Citizenship is not required. As long as you have a Social Security Number, U.S. address, and proof of income, you can apply.
- Minimum loan amount: $1,000.
- Maximum loan amount: $15,000.
- Choice between 5 or 10-year fixed rate loan.
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for automatic recurring payments, applied after the first payment cleared.
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for qualifying relationships, applied after the loan is disbursed. Contact us to receive the benefit.
- View program details
- Fixed rate for full 5-year term.
- Rates start at 4.50%.
- Funds are deposited into the borrower’s HUECU account for immediate use.
- Funds can be easily accessed using debit card, ATM, online banking, or checks.
- Length of repayment: 120 months or less.
- Minimum monthly payment: $50.
- First payment due 6 months from graduation.
1. HUECU credit requirements include 2 years minimum credit history with tradelines other than education loans and on time payment record.
2. Membership in the Credit Union requires a $5 minimum deposit in a Share Savings Account.
3. Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rate adjusted quarterly according to Prime Lending Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. Subject to credit approval.
Current student education prime rate is 3.25%