Financial assistance to cover costs associated with your bar exam, or the cost of transitioning to your medical or dental residency.
We know that the cost of the bar exam, or the cost of obtaining and transitioning to a residency program, can be extensive. We are pleased to help cover those costs with a competitive loan option and stress-free application process.
The program is designed to assist students in their final year or recent graduates of Harvard Law School, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Dental Medicine. U.S. Citizenship is not required. As long as you have a Social Security Number, U.S. address, and proof of income, you can apply.
- Minimum loan amount: $1,000
- Maximum loan amount: $15,000
- Choice between 5-year fixed rate loan and 10-year variable loan
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for enrollment in automatic payments
- View program details: 5-year Fixed Loan Program Details, 10-year Variable LoanProgram Details
- Fixed rate for full 5-year term
- Rates start at 4.50%
- As low as Prime + 0.50%
- Funds are deposited into the borrower’s HUECU account for immediate use.
- Funds can be easily accessed using debit card, ATM, online banking, or checks.
- Length of repayment: 120 months or less
- Minimum monthly payment: $50
- First payment due 6 months from graduation
1. HUECU credit requirements include 2 years minimum credit history with tradelines other than education loans and on time payment record.
2. Membership in the Credit Union requires a $5 minimum deposit in a Share Savings Account.
3. Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rate adjusted quarterly according to Prime Lending Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. Subject to credit approval.
Current student education prime rate is 4.75%