The MGH Institute Education Loan Program is designed in cooperation with the MGH IHP, by Harvard University Employees Credit Union, to meet the financing needs of graduate students attending the MGH Institute of Health Professions. The program is offered by HUECU, a not-for-profit financial institution with locations at Mass General Hospital, the Charlestown Navy Yard, Longwood Medical Area and Harvard Square.
- Deferment of payments of up to four years while enrolled in a qualified MGH Institute program
- Funds are disbursed directly to the student’s account at the school
- Final disbursement amount will be certified by the Financial Aid Office
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for automatic recurring payments
- Immediate credit decision
- Zero pre-payment fees
- No co-signer required
- 0.50% interest rate reduction with qualified co-signer
- Up to 4 years deferment of payments while enrolled in a qualified MGH Institute Program
Available to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and international students enrolled in a qualified program at the MGH Institute, including ABSN students.
|15 Year Variable||Prime +2.00%|
|15 Year Hybrid||Fixed rate at 6.00% for the first 60 months.
After 60 months, variable rate Prime +1.50%.
How much can I borrow under the MGH IHP Program?
A student can borrow up to $75,000 annually with the exact amount being certified by your financial aid office up to the cost of attendance.
Who can co-sign my MGH IHP Graduate Education Loan?
To qualify, a co-signer must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident and must also meet certain credit criteria.
Do you have a co-signer release option?
You can release the co-signer on your loan after 48 qualifying on-time payments. However, the release is subject to the credit-worthiness of the primary borrower.