Crush your student loans with these tools.
Step 1: Identify the type of education loan that you have.
- Federal Loans: National Student Loan Data System will list your federal loans, including servicer contact information.
- Federal, Private and State Loans: Annualcreditreport.com will list all loans under your name, including federal, private, and state loans reported to the credit bureaus.
Step 2: Understand the Benefits and Repayments Terms of Your Loan
- Federal Loans: Studentaid.gov details
- Private and State Loans: Review your loan disclosure documents or contact your lender for specifics regarding your loans.
Step 3: Compare Cost of Repayment Options
- The U.S. Department of Education’s Repayment Estimator allows you to compare personalized federal repayment options.
- Consolidation allows you to combine multiple federal loans into one loan.
- Refinancing student loans allows you to combine federal, private and state loans into one loan.
- Calculating the total cost of repayment will help you determine which repayment option may be best for your situation.