1. Submit an Online loan Application.When you submit your application, you will receive a Preliminary Interest Rate Notice (PIRN) that provides term and rate information. If you have a cosigner, please ensure they complete their part of the application in a timely manner.
2. Apply for membership,1 if you are not an existing HUECU member. This step must be completed in order to advance your application. Click here to join HUECU.
Due to the cooperative banking structure of credit unions, you must be an HUECU member to obtain a loan. Please visit huecu.org/membership to learn about membership, and to submit an online application. Pay close attention to notifications from HUECU in case we need more information for your account. Applications take 2-3 business days to process.
3. Upload supporting documentation, this may include identification and income documents, as well as proof of medical residency or fellowship enrollment. If you are accepted or enrolled in an MGB sponsored residency or fellowship, official documentation must be obtained from the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME). Please check your online account for specific documentation requirements.
4. Configure your Loan.Once your supporting documentation has been processed, you will receive an e-mail instructing you to log into your online account to select your interest rate and repayment term.
5. Sign your Loan Documents.Once you’ve configured your loan, you will receive your Approval Disclosure and Promissory Note to review and sign electronically.
6. Review your Final Disclosure, which includes the final terms of your loan. You will receive a notification when your disclosure is ready for review. You will have the option to waive your Final Disclosure Receipt period, which will expedite your loan disbursement.
7. Loan Disbursement.Funds will be deposited directly into your HUECU Account, and can be accessed using a debit card, ATM, online banking or checks.
Please Note: If you are unable to sign your documents electronically, you may sign your documents at a credit union branch by scheduling an appointment, or in the presence of a U.S. notary. Electronic copies will be accepted, and should be uploaded to your account for processing. For notarized documents, each signature must be witnessed and explicitly acknowledged by a notary. One notary seal is required with proper acknowledgement of each document and signature.
1. MEMBERSHIP. Membership in the Credit Union requires a $5 minimum deposit in a Share Savings Account. Education Loan borrowers must be the primary accountholder to meet the membership requirement.