1. Submit an online loan application. When you submit your application, you will receive a Preliminary Interest Rate Notice (PIRN) that provides term and rate information. If you have a cosigner, please ensure they complete their part of the application in a timely manner.
2. Apply for membership, if you are not an existing HUECU member. This step must be completed before you can select your term and rate option to complete your application, or sign your loan documents to finalize your loan.
Due to the cooperative banking structure of credit unions, you must be an HUECU member to borrow with us. Please visit huecu.org/membership to learn about membership, and to submit an online application. Please pay attention to notifications from HUECU in case we need more information for your account. Applications take 2-3 business days to process.
3. Upload supporting documentation, this includes identification, proof of medical school or residency enrollment, and may include income documents. If you are accepted or enrolled in an MGB sponsored residency or fellowship, official documentation must be from Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME). Please check your online account for specific documentation requirements.
4. Configure your loan. You will receive an e-mail instructing you to log into your online account to select your term and rate option.
5. Sign your loan documents electronically. You will receive a loan document packet in your online account for signature which includes your Approval Disclosure, and promissory note.
6. Review your Final Disclosure, which includes the final terms of your loan. You will receive a notification when your disclosure is ready for review.
7. Loan Disbursement. Funds will be deposited directly into your HUECU Account.