Seventh and Eighth grade students are encouraged to participate in the Cooperative Credit Union Association’s (CCUA) annual Student Essay Contest:
The following awards will be given out to students across Massachusetts:
- First Prize (1): $500
- Finalist (7): $250
- Honorable Mention Winners (10): $50
Winners will be announced in April with an Awards Ceremony scheduled for May 19, 2023.
The contest rules and eligibility requirements for participants are as follows:
- Only students currently in the 7th and 8th grades are eligible to participate.
- Students must be Massachusetts residents.
- Schools must be located in Massachusetts.
- All essays must be handwritten by the student.
- Essays should be no more than 250 words in length.
- Only one essay per student may be submitted. Each student may be sponsored by only one credit union.
- Each essay should include the student’s name and grade level, home address, school name, teacher’s name, principal’s name and sponsoring credit union.
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria: Originality, Content, Neatness, Grammar/Spelling