Seventh and Eighth grade students are encouraged to participate in the Cooperative Credit Union Association’s (CCUA) annual Student Essay Contest:
Please note: The 2018-19 contest is closed for submissions. The 2019-20 contest will open in November 2019 and close in January 2020. Subscribe to our blog and keep an eye on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates. For your reference, the 2018-19 eligibility requirements and essay prompt are below. Email email@example.com with any questions.
2018-19 Essay Prompt: As a young adult, what do you think is the most important lesson credit unions can teach young people about managing their financial lives that will help them as they grow into adults with careers and families
Essay Contest Awards:
- The following awards will be given out to students across Massachusetts:
- First Prize (1): $500
- Finalist (7): $250
- Honorable Mention Winners (10): $50
- Winners will be announced in April with an Awards Ceremony in late May or early June.
Rules and Eligibility Requirements:
- Only students currently in 7th and 8th grades are eligible to participate.
- Students must be Massachusetts residents and their Middle School must also be located in Massachusetts.
- Students must be a member of HUECU or sponsored by a member in good standing.
- All essays must be handwritten by the student. Typed submissions will not be accepted.
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria: Originality, Content, Neatness (yes, it needs to be written by hand), Grammar and Spelling
Deadline and Submission:
- The 2018-19 contest is closed for submissions. The 2019-20 contest will open in November 2019.
- Completed essays can be submitted either of the following ways:
- Scanned in and emailed to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, sent to:
Harvard University Employees Credit Union
104 Mount Auburn, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138