How it works?
As Low As
9.99 % APR 1
Already submitted an application?
Frequently asked questions
HUECU Personal Loans are unsecured loans that can be used for personal, family or household purposes, such as consolidating existing credit card debt, vacations, major purchases, home renovations or significant life events.
Simply click on the “Apply” button to start your application.
During the application process, you will need to provide some basic information for your request such as the amount you wish to borrow, your desired repayment period, and the purpose for requesting a loan. You will also need to provide general information about yourself such as your monthly income, length of employment, and length of residency.
Applicants can apply for a Personal Loan of up to $25,000.
Most applicants will receive a decision within 1 business day. However, our decision may be delayed if we require additional information from you, in which case a representative will contact you directly.
HUECU will typically disburse your loan funds the same day you sign your Personal Loan agreement.
Funds can be deposited directly to your HUECU Checking or Savings account. You may also request your funds be sent to your home address on file in the form of a check.
There are no application or closing fees. There are no pre-payment penalties.
Any scheduled payment over 15 days past due will be subject to a late fee of $5.00 or 5% of outstanding balance, whichever is less.
There are several ways you can repay on the loan:
- Payments can be automatically deducted from your HUECU Checking orSavings account each month. This method is recommended.
- If you’d like to set-up automatic payments from an outside bank account (Checking or Savings) please fill out our Incoming ACH Form.
- If you would like to send a check, make the check payable to Harvard University Employees Credit Union and mail it to the following address:
Harvard University Employees Credit Union
PO Box 382609
Cambridge, MA 02238-2609
Be sure to include your account number on your check and the remittance section from your billing statement.
- You may also call HUECU at (617) 495-4460 to make a payment by phone.
You can access information about your Personal Loan, including the outstanding balance, monthly payment amounts, payment due dates, and prior payments, through your HUECU online banking account. You can also review your monthly statement.
The payment due date on your Personal Loan is a fixed date and will depend on when you close on the loan. It is the same date each month for the duration of your loan. You will not be able to change this date.
You can find your Personal Loan Account Number on your HUECU statement. You can also find it listed in your original closing documents.
Simplify Your Finances
1. Annual Percentage Rate. Rates advertised are the lowest rates available and include APR minus .25% discount with automatic payment from an HUECU Crimson or Smart Rewards Checking account. Rates will be determined by individual credit worthiness. Your rate may vary from rate shown. Certain restrictions may apply. Subject to Credit Approval.
Loan Example: $1,000.00 loan at 9.99% for 60 months. Monthly payment is $21.24 with total finance charges of $274.53 and total repayment of $1,274.53.