Join our Student Advisory Council!
HUECU’s Student Advisory Council (SAC) Representatives advise HUECU in its pursuit of campus-wide financial wellness by consulting on financial education programming, university engagement events, and student banking services.
We encourage any Federal Work-Study eligible Harvard College student who is interested in economic diversity and inclusion to review the information below and apply. The hourly wage is $18, and students can work remotely up to 5 hours a week (some in person attendance will be required at times).
The deadline to apply to the 2022-2023 cohort has closed.
If you would like additional information, please contact Migdalia Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of the many reasons to join SAC!
- Leadership opportunities.
- Learn about everyday finance topics.
- Increase access to financial education.
- Write personal finance blogs.
- Opportunity to choose your own hours and possibly projects.
- Collaboration with HUECU leadership.
- Help implement meaningful change to develop HUECU further.
HUECU seeks to elevate and empower Harvard College students from diverse backgrounds by providing them with hands-on experience that will prepare them to excel as thoughtful, balanced community and business leaders.
Established in 1939, HUECU is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative, exclusively serving the Harvard community and distinguished through our reinvestment of profits in our members and the local community, particularly in the form of free financial education.
The purpose of the Student Advisory Council (SAC) is to advise HUECU in its pursuit of campus-wide financial wellness by consulting on financial education programming, university engagement events, and student banking services.
SAC consists of a small group of HUECU members who are Harvard College students. SAC Representatives are expected to participate in all council meetings and contribute to personal financial wellness programming, university engagement events, and student banking services.
Projects include, but are not limited to:
Event Planning: HUECU holds on-campus and virtual events to empower the community to make informed financial decisions. From informal, fire-side chats in the Houses, to large forums featuring expert guest speakers from the financial services industry, and everything in between. SAC Representatives have a large role in planning our annual Wintersession programming.
Marketing: SAC Representatives will assist with HUECU’s social media presence through content creation, creative ideas, and video development. SAC members will, at times, represent HUECU at campus events.
Developing Student Services: HUECU takes the Student Advisory Councils’ advice into consideration when considering different offerings (such as resources, products) for students at Harvard College.
Students can work up to 5 hours a week, remotely. SAC Representatives will be expected to work at HUECU’s administrative office (104 Mount Auburn Street) or at Campus events, a few times throughout the academic year.
Student Advisory Council Representatives develop valuable leadership and financial skills.
Here are some of the many reasons to join the SAC:
- Leadership opportunities
- Learn about everyday finance topics
- Increase access to financial education
- Write personal finance blogs
- Flexible hours and projects
- Collaboration with HUECU leadership
- Help implement change
Here are some of the past projects that SAC students have worked on!
- Research projects and present findings and recommendations to the team.
- Serve as a panelist for America Saves week webinar.
- Brainstorm social media content.
- Write blog articles relevant to current events (i.e., how to save for spring break in March).
- Prepare for meetings with HUECU’s CEO, AVP of Marketing, etc.