To our members, employees, and community,
HUECU stands with you against racism and injustice. We believe Black lives matter. We are listening, learning, and working for hope.
We have witnessed the fear and suffering that comes from social injustice in our society for far too long. It should not have required another senseless tragedy like the death of George Floyd to bring the attention of the world to these issues, but now that society has awakened to the problem it is up to all of us to achieve a solution.
HUECU is committed to dedicating ourselves to equality and opportunity for all and to improving the financial lives and economic well-being of our members and the communities we serve. We realize we have a responsibility to make the communities we serve stronger and to support meaningful change for people of color.
As an immediate first-step, we’ll be making financial donations to organizations that are working for social justice and equal opportunities for our Black and Brown communities.
In addition, we are committing ourselves to the following essential actions:
- Focusing on learning, discussing, developing, and embracing the diversity within our organization and the communities we serve.
- Creating space for all of us in the HUECU community to participate in important conversations, anti-racist education, and action.
- Continuing our commitment to hiring diverse candidates at all levels of the organization.
- Providing career development opportunities for minorities within the organization.
- Developing an internal program to foster inclusiveness and give minority staff the opportunity to discuss shared issues and experiences.
We will keep listening. We will keep learning. We will do better.
President and CEO