As a Student Leader, your responsibilities include managing your student organization’s funds.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is proud to be officially recognized as the Checking and Share Savings Accounts provider for Harvard University’s Organizations.
Student Organization Checking Account
|Statements & Check Images||Online at huecu.org|
|ATM/Debit Card||Debit Mastercard®|
|Online Bill Pay||Free|
|Type of Checks Required||Dual Signature|
HUECU is the provider of your accounts; however, account usage policies are determined by your School’s Organization Office. Please contact your school if you have non-banking questions.
What are you looking to do?
Add Myself as a Signer
Authorized signers (as determined by your school) will need to complete and upload the Authorized Signer Form.
Please allow up to five business days after your school has notified us that you are an Authorized signer for HUECU to process your form. Only students authorized by their schools will be added to the account.
Request an HUECU Debit Mastercard®
Authorized signers can request debit cards by completing the Debit Card Authorization Form.
A maximum of one debit card will be issued per account, unless otherwise noted. HBS Students: Debit Mastercard not available. HLS Students may have up to four debit cards.
Log Into Online Banking
As part of our technology upgrade in November 2019, online account access for student organization accounts has changed. Student Organizations now have an Online Member Number that is used for accessing their account. The Online Member Number is not the same as your Account Number and will not replace your Account Number.
If an authorized signer has not logged in since November 2019, please visit our branch at 104 Mount Auburn Street, or call our Support Center at 617-495-4460. Our staff will be able to walk students through registering for online banking. Once registered, students will be able to access their accounts as needed.
If an authorized signer has logged in and needs to reset their password, please follow the prompts to reset password at https://my.huecu.org.
Open a New Account
New account openings must be completed online by following the steps below.
- Have authorization from the school’s Student Organization Office to open a new account. Your school’s office will need to email HUECU_Retail_Operations@harvard.edu to provide us with authorization of your new account opening.Please allow 5 business days after your school notifies us before following the steps below. We will be unable to open a new account without your school’s authorization.
- Upload the following documents:
- New Organization Account Form
- Authorized Signer Form
- Debit Card Request Form (optional)
A maximum of two debit cards will be issued per account, unless additional cards are authorized by School’s Student Organization Office.
- IRS letter with your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN/EIN) for your Organization (HBS and HLS may skip this step)
- Copy of your Harvard ID and other form of identification.
- W-8 form if Account Signer does not have a Social Security Number.
- Complete Next Steps Email.
Students will receive the next steps email from HUECU within three business days after completing Step 2. Email will include online banking and debit card delivery instructions.
HUECU will fund student organization savings account with $5. HBS Students: the Student Clubs Office requires student clubs to open accounts with $100.
View Prior Transactions or Schedule a Transfer/Bill Pay
Change Name of Student Organization Account
To change the name of your student organization account, HUECU will need students to provide
- An updated Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN/EIN) Document showing new Student Organization name
- A Completed Data Change Form
To send or receive wires, authorized signers must come to a branch to complete the process. Two signers must be present for wire transfers over $5,000.