Student Organizations - Harvard University Employees Credit Union
Please note: For the most up-to-date information on HUECU's response to the COVID-19 pandemic including branch availability, please visit

Congratulations, Students!
As a Student Leader, your responsibilities include managing your student organization’s funds.

Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is proud to be officially recognized as the Checking and Share Savings Accounts provider for Harvard University’s Organizations.

HUECU is the provider of your accounts; however, account usage policies are determined by your School’s Organization Office. Please contact your school if you have non-banking questions.

What are you looking to do?

Add Myself as a Signer

Authorized signers (as determined by your school) will need to complete and upload the following:

  • Authorized Signer Form
  • Copy of your Harvard ID and government issued ID (U.S. Driver’s License or Passport)

Please allow up to five business days after your school has notified us that you are an Authorized signer for HUECU to process your form. Only students authorized by their schools will be added to the account.

Request an HUECU Debit Mastercard®

Authorized signers can request their debit card by completing the Debit Card Authorization Form. Two debit cards will be issued per account. Debit cards will list the name of the organization (as listed on the account) and the authorized signer.

Complete the Debit Card Authorization Form

The following schools are not authorized by their school administrators to request debit cards: HBS, HMS, University-Wide Multi-School Organizations, Continuing Education or SEAS.

Log Into Online Banking

Our online banking system can only have two authorized contacts (signers) added to online banking. To request online banking access, authorized signers need to contact our Support Center (617-495-4460 or

If more than two authorized signers need access to online banking, we recommend using the Student Organization’s email address as the email address on file. Should you need assistance or have any questions, please contact our Support Center at 617-495-4460 or

If an authorized signer has logged in and needs to reset their password, please follow the prompts to reset password at

Create a New Membership

New account openings must be completed online by following the steps below.

To Open A New Account, Students Must:

  1. Have authorization from the school’s Student Organization Office to open a new account. Your school’s office will need to email to provide us with authorization of your new account opening. Please allow 5 business days after your school notifies us before following the steps below. We will be unable to open a new account without your school’s authorization.
  2. Upload the following documents:
    • New Organization Account Form
    • Authorized Signer Form
    • Debit Card Request Form (optional)
      A maximum of two debit cards will be issued per account, unless additional cards are authorized by School’s Student Organization Office.
    • IRS letter with your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN/EIN) for your Organization (HBS and HLS may skip this step)
    • Copy of your Harvard ID and government issued ID (U.S. Driver’s License or Passport)
  3. Complete Next Steps Email.
    Students will receive the next steps email from HUECU within three business days after completing Step 2. Email will include online banking and debit card delivery instructions.

HUECU will fund student organization savings account with $5. HBS accounts are only opened by the HBS Student Clubs Financial Office. HBS students please contact the Student Clubs office for details.

To Add A Checking Account, Students Must:

  1. Upload the following documents:
  2. Complete Next Steps Email.
    Students will receive the next steps email from HUECU within three business days after completing Step 2.


Change Name of Student Organization Account

To change the name of your student organization account, HUECU will need students to provide

  • An updated Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN/EIN) Document showing new Student Organization name
  • A Completed Data Change Form

Request Checks

Authorized signers may request standard (personal) checks* by completing the Check Request Form.

All checks over $5,000 will require two signatures. For checks of, or under, $5,000 please visit your school’s policy for number of required signatures.

The following schools are not authorized by their school administrators to request checks: HMS, Continuing Education and HSPH.

Deposit Checks

Checks may be deposited via our Mobile App. We have temporarily raised the daily limit on mobile check deposits from $5,000 to $10,000.

Although checks can be deposited at ATMs and in our branches, we encourage Mobile Deposits during these times.

Schedule a Transfer or View Transactions

Authorized signers will have online access to their accounts and can complete these tasks online at or via our mobile app or visit a branch for assistance.

Video tutorials are available to help with online banking.

Set Up Bill Pay

Authorized signers can pay bills and send money through online Bill Pay .

The following schools are not authorized, by their school administrators, to set up bill pay: Continuing Education, HDS, and HSPH.

Receive Payments or Donations

If your Student Organization is expecting to receive donations or payments, and needs to have funds deposited into the Student Organization account, the organization should attempt to request payment be sent directly via ACH Transfers by providing the vendor or donor the Student Organization account number and routing number listed on the checks or bank statements. Authorized signers may also complete an Incoming ACH form.

If a check is mailed to the school’s office (or the organization’s campus address), or another location where mobile check deposit is not possible, you may mail the check to us at HUECU, PO Box 382609, Cambridge, MA 02238-2609. Please include a letter detailing the check amount, your name and contact information and which student organization account the check should be deposited into. Please do not include full account number, the last three digits (ex: XXX123) and full account name are sufficient.

Wire Money

To send or receive wires, authorized signers must come to a branch to complete the process. Two signers must be present for wire transfers over $5,000.

If students are unable to visit a branch, the school’s administrator may request that HUECU process the wires electronically. The school administrator would need to completing this wire transfer form and submit the form with copies of two student ID through our document uploader.

Only the following schools are authorized, by their school administrators, to send wires: HBS, Harvard College, Athletics, and GSAS.

Cookie Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.

  • __stid
  • pxcelBcnLcy
  • pxcelPage_c010

We track anonymized user information to improve our website.
  • __hssc
  • __hssrc
  • __hstc
  • hubspotutk

We use Google Tag Manager to monitor our traffic and to help us AB test new features.

Decline all Services
Accept all Services