Going shopping? Here is what you should do first.
1. Get Pre-Approved at HUECU
Getting pre-approved is easy using our simple online application. You don’t even need to know what type of car you’ll be buying. The application takes about 5 minutes and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day to let you know how much you are pre-approved to spend.
2. Do your homework.
Before you step into your first dealership, thoroughly research the vehicles you’re interested in so you are familiar with options and prices. It’s also a good idea to brush up on your negotiating skills and educate yourself on the key “dos and don’ts” of buying a car.
3. Buy a Car!
Once you’ve found the car you want and negotiated a price, complete these simple steps:
- Have the dealership fax or email the purchase agreement and application for title to the Credit Union.
- Notify your insurance company of your new purchase so they can prepare a new binder.
- Check your email for a link to remotely sign your loan note. (If you prefer, you can come to an HUECU branch to sign the note in person).
- Once the note is signed, you can pick up the check at any HUECU branch or we can overnight the check directly to you.
If you have questions about purchasing your car through private sale, insurance requirements, or lienholder information, please contact the Credit Union.
1. The Green Auto Loan discount is only available to members that purchase a hybrid or electric (all-electric or battery-electric) vehicle.
2. Certain credit restrictions apply. 110% financing on auto loans is subject to credit review and a down payment could be required.
3. No Payment for 60 Days – Qualifying members may select to defer their first payment for 60 days from the loan funding date. Interest will accrue during deferral period and this offer is subject to credit union approval. This is optional, you may start paying your loan off right away. This option is only for automobiles.
Loan Example: $20,000.00 loan at 3.24% for 60 months. Monthly payment is $361.51 with total finance charges of $1,690.65 and total repayment of $21,690.65.
Subject to credit approval. Vehicle loans approved are subject to perfecting a security lien interest prior to loan closing on the pledged collateral. All owners of the vehicle will need to sign on the loan. We may not be able to offer financing on vehicles titled and registered in certain states outside of Massachusetts.