Wire Transfers are a safe and easy way to move money.
Wire transfers safely move money between accounts and different financial institutions. HUECU accepts incoming Wire Transfers, and collected funds may be wired out domestically or internationally.
How it works
- Two valid photo IDs are required, with one being government issued.
- Wire transfers must be received before 3:30 p.m. to be processed that day
- Fees may apply – view our fee schedule for more information
- Wire transfers are not processed on Saturdays or Credit Union holidays
- Domestic Wire Transfers are generally completed within one business day
- International transfers generally take longer than one business day
Please note: Wire Transfers cannot be set up over the phone.
An online domestic wire form can be completed when transferring funds from a HUECU account to an account in the same name at another bank in the US.
For Domestic Wires, click here.
For International wires, please fill out the Wire Transfer Form.
HUECU members can now take advantage of Wise for a streamlined international transfer experience. Click here to learn more!
It is the member’s responsibility to provide complete and accurate information to process a Wire Transfer. A fee is assessed if the member requests research.
For all wires that are NOT being sent to an account in your own name, please refer below:
- For wires between the amount of $3,000-$10,000 a secure message will need to be send through your Online Banking account confirming the purpose of the wire.
- For wires over $10,000 a video conference will be needed with the member to verify identity. If the wire is for a mortgage closing, the home closing disclosure can be accepted in place of a video call.
When instructing another institution to wire funds into your Harvard University Credit Union account, they will need:
Harvard University Employees Credit Union
104 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
ABA Number: 211381738
Your HUECU Account Number
(C) Checking (S) Savings
An international wire transfer can be initiated to your account with the credit union by following the instructions below.
To begin the process please visit Global Pay (please note this site takes time to load). Once the portal has loaded you will select the country the funds are coming from and enter the total US Dollars you want to receive. From there simply follow the instructions provided in online portal. Once completed you will receive printable wire instructions which you will take to your local financial institution to initiate the wire.
Once Harvard University Employees Credit Union receives the funds we will post to your membership account. (The standard turn around time is 3-5 business days.)