Find a checking option that meets your unique needs.
Our Checking Accounts were all designed with simple terms and minimal requirements to waive the monthly account fee. Based on your unique financial relationship, we will match you with an account that is easy to understand so that you can access all the valuable features at no cost.
Smart Rewards Checking
With Smart Rewards Checking, there are no maintenance fees of any kind, just rewards you can count on. There are 2 options to choose from, Cash-Back or Premium Interest.
· No monthly fee ever, no minimum balance, and no direct deposit required
· Earn your rewards by meeting 3 basic qualifications each month: 12 Debit Card Purchases, 1 Online/Mobile Login, and get statements electronically, that’s it!
· Choose the Cash-Back account to Earn 3% cash-back on your debit card purchases
· Choose the Premium Interest account to earn a 2.00% APY on balances up-to $10,000
· All Smart Rewards Checking accounts get up-to $25 a month in ATM fee refunds when they qualify
Crimson Checking Accounts
Crimson checking is HUECU’s more traditional line of checking options, where you can waive the monthly maintenance fees with either a minimum balance, direct deposit, or a combination of both. There are three Crimson checking account options:
Crimson Elite: The $20 monthly fee is waived with direct deposit and a minimum balance of $5,000 in checking or $10,000 in total deposits. This account gets up-to $50 in ATM surcharges refunded each month. Plus, account holders get an extra .10% APY rate bump on any CDs they open.
Crimson Advantage: The $10 monthly fee is waived with a minimum balance of $1,500 in checking of $10,000 in combined loans and deposits. This account gets up-to $20 in ATM surcharges refunded each month.
Crimson Essentials: The $5 monthly fee is waived with direct deposit or 10 debit card purchases. This account gets up-to $10 in ATM surcharges refunded each month when 10 debit card purchases are made.
Other Checking Options
Looking for a bare-bones checking option? Basic checking is your classic no frills, no fees account. Not a lot of added value here, just a simple account for simple needs.
College Life Account
Attention Harvard Undergrads: If you’re looking for the best student banking experience, the HUECU College Life Account is the best choice for your undergraduate education and beyond.
Varsity Life Account
The Varsity Life Account is free checking account designed specifically for members ages 13-17. Teach your teen valuable financial skills and help them build a strong foundation for the future.
Why Choose HUECU?
Waive Goodbye to ATM Fees
With an HUECU Checking Account, you will have the freedom to use any ATM in the United States. Depending on which account you choose, you’ll get anywhere from $10 to $50 in ATM surcharges automatically refunded each month.1
Amazing Perks & Discounts
Checking is all about giving back to members who support the Credit Union. That’s why we’ve included exceptional benefits such as Free Checks, discounted rates on Auto Loans, plus special bonuses toward Credit Cards, Mortgages, CDs and more!
1. Fees will be waived until the end of the first full calendar month after account opening.
2. Direct Deposit determined by a single $200 incoming ACH within the month.
3. Minimum Balance calculated as daily average.
4. Closing Credit cannot be combined with any other offer including First-Time Home Buyer Credit or any other closing cost program offer.
5. Loan rate discount only available at time of application and will be .25% off of the qualified Annual Percentage Rate.
6. One-time add-on cannot exceed original purchase amount.
7. Free checks include standard check designs. Other designs available at additional cost.
8. Basic account is not a Crimson Checking and does not qualify for ATM benefits.
9. ATM surcharge refunds only apply to ATM’s located in the United States. For Crimson Essentials, the 10 debit card purchases must take place within the statement cycle period.